Five short quotes from my preaching notes on the second week of the Redefined Series.
- Your Christianity should be perfectly visible to everyone. Don’t be one of the so-called “007 Christians,” those followers of Christ who act like secret service agents perfectly blending in with the world. Alistair Begg is right when he said that “there is no such thing as secret discipleship, for either the secrecy destroys the discipleship, or the discipleship destroys the secrecy.”
- Your light is not meant to shine only in church. We are the light of the world, not the light of the church.
- The good we do should not draw attention to ourselves but to God. Say no to “theatrical goodness.”
- You are salt first, then light. Being before doing. We often reverse this and then we wonder why our evangelism is powerless.
- Jesus said ‘you are the light of the world’ but elsewhere he also said He is the Light of the world. Don’t miss the wonder of the mystical union of Christ and his people in this statement. His very nature enters into us that we become, in a sense, what He Himself is. We become transmitters of light. This is astounding.